Search found 7 matches

Search found 7 matches Page 1 of 1
by wfpturner
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:12 am
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Pipe Delimited File Putting Quotes at Beggining & End of Row
Replies: 6
Views: 9920

Was there ever a solution posted for this problem? I am encountering the same issue using the WRITECSV task to create a pipe-delimited text file. Some of the output records are completely enclosed in quotes. As an example, my output file will look like this: Field1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4 "Field1|Fi...
by wfpturner
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 pm
Topic: Simple INSERT not working.
Replies: 2
Views: 7741

I was able to perform this task using the For-Each loop that Rick described in another topic. As for the original way I was trying to do this, I was thinking that by using the DATA feature on the READCSV task, this would only put those data elements into the rowset. I am thinking now that all fields...
by wfpturner
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:34 am
Topic: Simple INSERT not working.
Views: 7741

I'm trying to do a READCSV to a rowset and then insert the rowset into an i-Series file. I've simplified this down to one field in both the rowset and i-Series file. The first error in the joblog is "Last known record near boundaries...", which after reading other forum entries tells me there may be...
by wfpturner
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:04 am
Topic: iSeries program call not running?
Replies: 1
Views: 4403

XML code is attached. When I execute my project, it gets to the EXEC400 step and appears to be stuck. The "processing" icon stays on the screen until I shut it down and cancel the execution. The CL program being called should run in barely a second. On the iSeries, I found the job but it doesn't sho...
by wfpturner
Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:53 pm
Topic: Skip first row?
Views: 23754

I am using the ReadCSV task to process records from a downloaded file. I use the Data feature in the ReadCSV task to specify and setup each column/index. The first record on the file is a header record with 4 columns - I need to bypass this record. The remaining records are detail records with 256 c...
by wfpturner
Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 am
Topic: Establish columns on pipe-delimited file.
Views: 5537

Thanks, Rick. That's exactly what I was looking for.
by wfpturner
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:43 am
Topic: Establish columns on pipe-delimited file.
Views: 5537

I'm relatively new to GoAnywhere, so this may be a simple task. I am downloading and decrypting a pipe-delimited text file (with CRLF as the row delimiter) and would like to place the contents into a DB2 file. I'm using the readFlatFile task to put the records into a rowset, but I cannot figure out ...
Search found 7 matches Page 1 of 1