Search found 5 matches

Search found 5 matches Page 1 of 1
by rickc
Sat May 06, 2017 10:09 am
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Escape single quotes in sql variables
Replies: 2
Views: 10439

I mocked up a project that illustrates how I worked through this problem. Basically I used the replace function in MFT to escape the single quote. Rick <project name="Forum post to handle quotes" mainModule="Main" version="2.0" logLevel="verbose"> <description>If the data has quotes, then insert wil...
by rickc
Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 am
Topic: SQL: insert a row and return the primary key value
Replies: 0
Views: 16606

I have a MFT project that inserts data to a Postgresql table. The table is defined with a primary key using an auto-increment column. Example: CREATE TABLE tracker ( tracking_id serial, filename varchar(100), ) The insert statement has a "returning" clause to return the value of the tracking_id fiel...
by rickc
Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:15 pm
Topic: post json to rest web service
Replies: 1
Views: 6889

I would like to create a project that will: Read a record from a database (select statement) Assemble a json string in a variable Post the json to a rest web service Loop and read the next record from the db I was able to setup a project to post json from a static file(post raw data). I'd like to ge...
by rickc
Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 am
Topic: Escape single quotes in sql variables
Replies: 2
Views: 10439

I have a project with a SQL task. The SQL task updates a record in the database with a statement like: update foo set ProcessedDate= current_timestamp where FirstName='${myFirstName[2]}' The variable ${myFirstName[2]} contains a value like De'Vonte. The single quote in the value is causing the packa...
by rickc
Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 am
Topic: Native command: args reference workspace files
Replies: 1
Views: 5974

I have a project that creates an XML file in a workspace. The xml file can be referenced by variable ${xmlfile}. I would like to add an "exec task" to call a native command(.net exe). The native command will take the xml and reformat to pdf. The .net exe has two arguments: an input filename(xml) and...
Search found 5 matches Page 1 of 1