Search found 9 matches

Search found 9 matches Page 1 of 1
by john_a
Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:23 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: How to: conditionally display an element in XML during exec
Replies: 2
Views: 4976

Please note: Neither of these will work as they both return syntax errors. <element name="custom-attributes"> <if test="${IsNotEmpty(data[7])}"> <element name="custom-attribute" value="${data[7]}"> <attribute name="attribute-id" value="accentStone" /> </element> </if> <element name="custom-attribute...
by john_a
Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 pm
Topic: Problems with If statement inside of foreach loop.
Replies: 5
Views: 10159

I did find a solution to this and yes I see that the only conditional operators that are allowed are EQ and NE.
by john_a
Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Actually what I really want to do is test varData[3] for null as I previously said and no that did not work and returns this error in "RED".

[8003 - Convert to XML] Invalid value '${varData[3] ne varData[1]}' for attribute 'test' in element 'if'
by john_a
Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:47 pm

I am somewhat confused as to why I cannot set a simple 'IF' statement in my foreach loop which is inside my convert to Xml. Here is the perplexing bit - This is acceptable syntax... ${varData[3]} eq ${varData[1]} But when I try to use the 'ne' operator it is not acceptable syntax. In point of fact n...
by john_a
Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Okay, I did find a way to do this. The "Skip if Empty" drop down option on the element. However this only works if the element has no children which would be fine were it not for the fact that I need to generate an element with an attribute. This does not work - <element name="custom-attribute" valu...
by john_a
Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:59 pm

I am generating XML from data returned from a SQL Query. Unfortunately, I see no way to not display an element that has a null value for some records and not others. I currently have a data set returned from a select statement that may or may not have nulls in some columns. Is there anyway to condit...
by john_a
Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:32 pm
Topic: Convert to XML not translating unicode characters correctly
Replies: 1
Views: 4843

It appears that GoAnywhere is replacing the good \u2122 unicode trademark character with the invalid \u001a character. This creates an XML document that cannot be validated. It may also be replacing other good unicode characters, copyright etc. with that bad character. I also, as a sanity check, ran...
by john_a
Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:51 pm
Topic: Getting SQL Query column names as variable
Views: 6199

Hi all, I am dealing with a DB2 table that has a large number of columns what would be nice to do is get a dump of the data from a table into either a CSV or an XML file with the column names included. Is there an easy way to do this. If I cannot do that can I get the column names as collection of d...
by john_a
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:52 pm
Topic: Nice to have - XSLT functionality in the XMLWrite
Views: 5167

Hi all, I am pulling data from a SQL - DB2 database and then generating XML from it. Having worked with XML and XSLT for quite some time it would be nice if I could use XSLT in the XML generation part of the project. For instance, in the database a 2 place decimal is stored as a whole number, e.g. 9...
Search found 9 matches Page 1 of 1