Search found 4 matches

Search found 4 matches Page 1 of 1
by jbeekman
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:05 am
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Truncating column values in a Modify Rowset task
Replies: 2
Views: 5298

Thank you, Rick. In this scenario CSV 2 is the final output of the project. I'm curious what the size parameter is used for in the Modify Rowset task, since it doesn't seem to be used for data truncation. Am I missing the point?
by jbeekman
Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:22 am
Topic: Reading Scientific Notation from CSV
Replies: 1
Views: 4183

I'm having trouble reading scientific notation from a CSV. I am trying to convert to DECIMAL using the Read CSV task using different patterns, but I can't get past this error: Column data '3.2e+06' is not valid for its data type 'DECIMAL' I've tried using various patterns with 'E' such as 'E##' etc....
by jbeekman
Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:26 am
Topic: Truncating column values in a Modify Rowset task
Replies: 2
Views: 5298

In a project which follows the pattern Read CSV 1 -> Modify Rowset -> Write CSV 2 , I am concatenating two fields from CSV 1 with a New Column in the Modify Rowset task, and I need to truncate the resulting string to 30 characters before writing to CSV 2 . I expected that setting the Modify Rowset t...
by jbeekman
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:00 am
Topic: HTTPS Task With CDATA in XML Response
Replies: 0
Views: 5269

I'm using the HTTPS Task and postRawData to send a SOAP request which responds with a SOAP envelope that contains a CDATA text value in the body. The response gets written to a file with the CDATA tags removed and the ensuing text encoded for XML, ie. '<' becomes '<' and '>' becomes '>'. Is there a ...
Search found 4 matches Page 1 of 1