Search found 8 matches

Search found 8 matches Page 1 of 1
by fthomas
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:32 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: using ${variableName:attributeName} in the body of an email
Replies: 1
Views: 6190

I have an email that I am trying to list the names of the files in a file list variable. When I use ${filelist:name} it errors with: Method 'getName' or 'isName' not found on class 'com.linoma.dpa.util.FileList'. Original expression: retfiles:name. Is this not acceptable in the body of an email? Tha...
by fthomas
Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm
Topic: remove blank lines from text file
Replies: 2
Views: 7191

I thought about that.. And now I realize I wasn't employing it early enough in the process. That worked.
by fthomas
Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm
Topic: remove blank lines from text file
Views: 7191

I have a project where I am: saving the message body of an email to a text file. Reading the flat text file at line 7, skipping empty rows (this strips out some unneeded header information) performing a search and replace to remove a line of text at the bottom of the flat file with system.emptyStrin...
by fthomas
Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:02 pm
Topic: exclude or include a text based on it's content
Replies: 4
Views: 9903

Thanks! That works perfectly!
by fthomas
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Do you mean using a Read task to store it in a variable? If so, isn't that a row by row examination and not the whole text file?

Then use an IF task to decide what to do with it?
by fthomas
Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 pm

I have a situation where there are multiple text files but I only want to process the files that a have a certain line IN the file. Search and replace seemed like a possibility using the output files variable. However that seems to be all the files it processed. Is there a better way to accomplish t...
by fthomas
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 am
Topic: using regular expression in function
Views: 7522

ok, well then that's a feature request! And/or is there a way in a ModifyRowset to split a column in to two columns separating the alpha from the numeric? If not, I can do this in the SQL.
by fthomas
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:52 pm
Topic: using regular expression in function
Views: 7522

I'm trying to use a regular expression in the lastposition and substring functions to separate a word into two values based on where the A-Z ends and the numbers begin: CAPMO0330201400 needs to be CAPMO & 0330201400 I thought the first substring would work like this: ${Substring(nonrenewcsvrow[1],1,...
Search found 8 matches Page 1 of 1