Search found 10 matches

Search found 10 matches Page 1 of 1
by Support_Hans
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:24 am
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: SQL Task: “When Data Not Found” Field
Replies: 0
Views: 32272

Question : What is the correct way of utilizing the “When No Data Found” field in the SQL Task? Answer : The SQL Task can connect to a database server for running SQL statements, which is useful for retrieving rows (records) from tables (physical files) or performing updates, inserts, etc. The data...
by Support_Hans
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:52 pm
Topic: Resetting Passwords
Views: 36941

Question : I have been locked out of my account. How do I reset my password? Answer : If you are a Web User who has been instructed to reset your password, you will need to contact a GoAnywhere administrator with the Security Officer role to do the following: - Navigate to Users > Web Users. Click ...
by Support_Hans
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:39 pm
Topic: Promoting in GoAnywhere
Views: 34220

Question : I see a Promote option on some items in GoAnywhere. What does Promote do and what features can I promote? Answer : Promotion is uploading a copy of an item from one GoAnywhere installation to another targeted installation. For example, after an item is tested, it could be promoted from t...
by Support_Hans
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 pm
Topic: Web User permissions unchanged after removing them from the Web User Definition
Views: 44252

Question: I have a Web User and I have removed the "Upload (Write)" permission directly from this Web User. Why is this User still able to upload files/folders? Answer: Is this Web User in a Web User Group? A Web User Group is an association of one or more Web Users. Each Web User Group can be assi...
by Support_Hans
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Topic: FileInfo function vs. fileName:fileAttribute syntax
Views: 37773

Question: How do I utilize the FileInfo() function and the ${fileName:fileAttribute} syntax correctly? Answer: There is no real difference between these two methods. In fact, either one may be used to retrieve the attributes of a file. When using ${fileName:fileAttribute}, the fileName parameter can...
by Support_Hans
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 pm
Topic: Set Variable Task 1.0 and 2.0
Views: 31145

Question: What makes Set Variable Task 2.0 different from 1.0, and is there a way to change the version within a Project? Answer: Set Variable Task 1.0 The set variable task can set a variable's value to static text, to a variable previously defined in another task, to data from the first row of a R...
by Support_Hans
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: SQL DB Configuration Reporting
Replies: 1
Views: 17653

Craig, The project_data column appears null because your projects are stored as XMLs. Your projects can be found in [Install Directory]/userdata/projects. They are not null when the Projects are made in an Agent, and Agents store their data within the database. Restoring the userdata folder would al...
by Support_Hans
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:16 pm
Topic: Regex Basics
Views: 21496

A regular expression, commonly referred to as a "regex", is a pattern that can be used to search for and replace sets of characters in a given string of files. GoAnywhere supports the regex patterns available to the java.util.regex class. Example: Given the string "abc.txt", a search pattern such as...
by Support_Hans
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:14 pm
Topic: How to send an email from the "On Error" panel in a project
Views: 9585

This document outlines the steps to send an email from a raised error. While it is not possible to configure tasks to perform from the On Error panel, it is possible to call a module where an email can be sent. First, create a new module (Project > Module) and give it a unique name. Next, create a S...
by Support_Hans
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:12 pm
Topic: File Lists, RowSets, Email Lists
Views: 13260

File Lists A File List references a set of Local File or Remote File objects and directories that were retrieved or processed by a task. A File List may be the result of one or more File Sets, which allows you to create a single File List that contains files from multiple directories and/or multipl...
Search found 10 matches Page 1 of 1