Search found 75 matches

Search found 75 matches Page 1 of 8
by Support_Duane
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: ERROR com.linoma.ga.projects.tasks.ftp.RemoteFile cannot be cast to com.linoma.commons.file.BaseFile
Replies: 0
Views: 38712

The message means that you are attempting to move/rename/delete a remote file as if it were a local file. The file must first be downloaded before it can be moved/renamed/deleted, etc on the local system. For example, an SFTP Get task was used to pull files into the workspace and a Processed Source ...
by Support_Duane
Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Explain how GA file lock logic.
Replies: 1
Views: 6703

The select statement to count the number of records creates a rowset that opens the file, so that an ALCOBJ cannot get an exclusive lock on the file. In order to release the file, you would use the Close Rowset task in the Miscellaneous folder. You will want to do a Set Variable 1.0 task to get the ...
by Support_Duane
Tue May 15, 2012 6:35 pm
Topic: Sequential number suffix?
Replies: 3
Views: 8379

Yes, it is possible. Here's an example. You'll need to change the name of the folder in which the files reside and both substring functions are based on a filename layout of xxxx.nnnnn.txt. If you're using something different, you'll need to change the parameters in the substring functions according...
by Support_Duane
Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:50 pm
Forum: Example Projects
Topic: How to use File Attributes at 4.0+
Replies: 0
Views: 22585

This project that will write out the file attributes of a named file to the joblog. Modify the value of the first variable to a file that exists on your system and it should work as is. <project name="FileList Attributes" mainModule="Main" version="2.0" logLevel="silent"> <module name="Main"> <setVa...
by Support_Duane
Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:47 pm
Topic: thread safe project
Views: 7033

When an attempt is made to start a non-thread-safe project when an instance of that project is already running, an error is thrown right away and the project does not ever start. This is why you cannot get an e-mail from the project itself when this happens. (the project has to be running in order t...
by Support_Duane
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:39 pm
Topic: Can a column in a rowset be changed?
Replies: 2
Views: 7241

The only way for GoAnywhere Director to change one (or more) columns in a rowset, would be to process the file one row at a time. This would not be a speedy process.
by Support_Duane
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm
Topic: Parameters from iSeries to Excel
Views: 5481

The only way that I know of would be to place the variable values into a file, read the file and then write the Excel record. Here's an example: <project name="place variables in excel file" mainModule="Main" version="2.0"> <module name="Main"> <createWorkspace version="1.0" /> <setVariable label="s...
by Support_Duane
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:34 am
Topic: Oracle database extract of a CLOB
Views: 5918

You can use Char, VarChar, Binary, Decimal, Integer, Date, Time, TimeStamp and probably others that I'm not aware of. The ones that I know you can't use are BLOB and CLOB. Since I don't know exactly what you're trying to do, I can't tell you the best way to do it. I'd recommend that you call us at 1...
by Support_Duane
Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 am
Topic: Execute a job on SQL server
Views: 6105

You can only start start jobs on the system where GoAnywhere Director is running. So, if it's running on the SQL Server, then yes, you can use the Execute Native Command to start a job.
by Support_Duane
Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:08 am
Topic: Run scheduled task on windows server
Views: 5777

In order to get help with a project, it's better to call Support at 1-800-949-4696 and take the support option. Or you can send an e-mail to [email protected].
Search found 75 matches Page 1 of 8