Search found 14 matches

Search found 14 matches Page 1 of 2
by RElliott63
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:29 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: SQL Task Push vs Pull
Replies: 1
Views: 5779

LP, Usually, this will have more to do with your iSeries than the communication. There are several tweaks and such that can be made when dealing with situations like this. A few (but not all) could be running the SQL Statement through an SQL Analyzer (iSeries Navigator) and seeing what it recommends...
by RElliott63
Fri May 04, 2012 4:42 pm
Topic: Static values in Rowset (XML to CSV)
Views: 5939

Sean,

The only option I know of in this scenario is to put your Static value in the Write Segment, not the Read Segment. This can be done easily before an Insert into a DB or writing column formatting.

-Rick
by RElliott63
Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 pm
Topic: Copying XML between projects
Replies: 2
Views: 5969

Personally ... my preference is to modify the XML code in a text editor. I use PSPAD but, you can use WordPad or NotePad or any other editor. If you're familiar with XML code or XML verbiage, then you could cut and paste the XML from the project into the editor, modify as needed ... add other XML, e...
by RElliott63
Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am
Topic: Executing Not Thread-Safe Projects
Views: 11066

Minor Update to this Process: I modified the ForLoop as follows: <forLoop label="Check Project Status" beginIndex="1" endIndex="${MaxTries}" step="1" currentIterationVariable="Tries"> <setVariable label="Reset Delay Value" name="Delay" value="${ RandomNumber( 1, 12 ) }" version="1.0" /> <delay label...
by RElliott63
Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 pm
Topic: Cleanup Archive Docs
Replies: 0
Views: 6392

(GAD v4.0.0) If you save inbound/outbound documents for Archiving and sometimes forget to go back and weed out the older ones, here's a way to take care of that by adding this to the end of your Project. It's a cleanup utility Project that will take 2 parameters ( RetainDays & CleanDIR ) RetainDays ...
by RElliott63
Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am
Topic: Can a column in a rowset be changed?
Views: 7243

If you are retrieving your dataset from a database (ie, DB2, MSSQL, etc) and are using an SQL Function to retrieve that data, you can do the following: <setVariable label="Set sqlError" name="sqlError" value="0" version="1.0" /> <sql label="Connect to Server" resourceId="${ Server }" version="1.0" o...
by RElliott63
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 pm
Topic: FTP to second FTP server on Failure
Views: 4753

This could be easily done by either calling separate modules or reading a Spreadsheet or Database Table for your IP addresses: Pseudo code for Calling separate modules (assuming you only have 2 IP Addresses): <Module Main <dependsOn=FTPMain,FTPAlternate> ...Print Success Message (If ftpError eq 0) ....
by RElliott63
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 am
Topic: Maintaining a backup instance of GA ?
Views: 5223

Jose, The only way I have found that this can be accomplished as of this time is during my nightly backup routine, I have a function that takes down GoAnywhere (Services & Director) and zips up the folders. It then brings the services back online. The GoAnywhere Director then transfers the Zip file ...
by RElliott63
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 am
Topic: Executing Not Thread-Safe Projects
Views: 11066

Not Thread-safe projects can cause issues when documents received must be processed in order, but not allowed to run concurrently. The option below will help you get around the this error: ERROR Project 'MyProject' is defined as not thread safe and an instance with job number '1321992906829' is alre...
by RElliott63
Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:44 am
Topic: last digit of year
Views: 7323

Add the following utility (SQL Help) to your project list -- I put them into a "/Utilities" folder as I create them. You can then call the Utility from within your Project like this... (This assumes that ${Year} has been created prior and doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 or 1000 bytes. It will grab the...
Search found 14 matches Page 1 of 2