Search found 41 matches

Search found 41 matches Page 1 of 5
by monahanks
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:27 am
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Reading a CSV file for comparing data
Replies: 1
Views: 17273

Hi all, I have a project that involves reading a CSV file and comparing a column from the file to a data variable. I am retrieving the name of the day of the week (Mon, Thu, etc) using the set variable function into variable TodayIs. I have a CSV file that has 7 rows corresponding to the days of the...
by monahanks
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 pm
Topic: List of tables in SQL
Replies: 2
Views: 6921

I found a solution using a search

SELECT name
FROM sysobjects
WHERE xtype='U'
and name like 'PROMO%'
ORDER BY name;

this gives me a list of tables in a database whose name begins with PROMO. now I need to read this list of tables and copy/move each table to another server or archive it.
by monahanks
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:51 am
Topic: List of tables in SQL
Views: 6921

Good morning, I am primarily an IBMi guy and SQL is pretty new to me, so bear with me on this question. is there a way in GoAnywhere to get a list of tables in a SQL database on a SQL server? For example, using FTP I can run a LS command to get a list of files from an IBMi. I want to be able to do s...
by monahanks
Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:47 pm
Topic: retrieving the day of week number
Replies: 6
Views: 16747

Hi Rick, this subtracted a day from the current date? maybe I'm not using it right... I think the xref will give me what I (and the user) need. xml code = <timestamp version="1.0"> <format outputVariable="DU_DAY" dayOfWeek="${CurrentDate('u')}" /> </timestamp> Result = Timestamp variable '...
by monahanks
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks Rick, I guess it will have to work. I can make an xref table based on the day name to get the number. The user may want to have Monday = Day 1, so an xref would work better anyway in that situation.
by monahanks
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:32 am

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this value - I think it is telling me the number of occurrences of the day of the week within that month? So it is telling me that it is the second Wednesday of the month? If so, is there a function that will tell me what day of the week it is, like '1' is S...
by monahanks
Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Good afternoon, I need to retrieve the day of the week (1 through 7) from the current date to use as a file extension. Using the date format of 'F' in a timestamp expression today (Wednesday) is always returning a value of '2' instead of '4'. What am I missing in this? My code is: <timestamp version...
by monahanks
Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 am
Topic: ZIP vs GZIP in MFT 5.1.5
Views: 5107

Have any issues been reported with how MFT handles GZIP files vs ZIP files? We have a process that last ran on an older version of Director where we picked up a zip file and pulled it to our system for processing. I learned today that it has always been a GZIP file with .zip for the extension. I don...
by monahanks
Thu May 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Topic: using merge with ASCII?
Views: 7347

Jon,
thanks, Chris emailed me with a solution. Essentially, a two-step process to put the file out as ASCII and then merge it.
by monahanks
Thu May 21, 2015 2:47 pm
Topic: combining files ignoring duplicates
Views: 5701

Hi, is there a way or an example) of doing the following: I have 2 text files with 3 columns each - the date, a store number, and a count I need to combine these 2 files into a single (third) text file, but I cannot have duplicate store number records in the result file. My first thought is to load ...
Search found 41 matches Page 1 of 5