Search found 13 matches

Search found 13 matches Page 1 of 2
by Rocky
Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Agents - Are they secrete?
Replies: 1
Views: 7114

I want to know more about agents. I read the setup guide and it says in part "see the users guide". The users guide says nothing. What's up? What can the customers be told? I want to know it all in deep detail!

- Roc
by Rocky
Fri May 20, 2016 10:48 am
Topic: Migrate projects, users, and resources to DR environment
Replies: 8
Views: 15175

We have just migrated to GA/MFT 5.2.3. We use Mimix to replicate GA for Disaster Recovery. I believe that MFT is different enough to merit a white paper from Linoma R&D on how to do real time replication of GoAnywhere. That is what to replicate and what not to replicate; to our target DR system. It ...
by Rocky
Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:41 am
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: iSeries Disaster Recovery Procedures
Replies: 2
Views: 7882

What about real-time replication with a product like Vision solutions Mimix? We don't want to rely on a save/restore process in a crisis. If a data center or even just the production iseries is lost suddenly in a disaster it might be too late for SAVPRD. In that case everything since the last save w...
by Rocky
Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 am
Topic: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read
Views: 12166

Rick, I have attached the project XML and two joblogs with this problem. Hopefully this will provide you with some useful clues. This is not my project so I can not go in and just change it over to Debug without talking to the project owner. I will try to do that and get back to you. As soon as I ha...
by Rocky
Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 am
Topic: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read
Views: 12166

We have a new error coming up I've never seen before. It is "Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read" What does this mean and what do I do to resolve this?

- Roc
by Rocky
Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:27 pm
Topic: Closed without indication
Replies: 6
Views: 88131

Rick,
So just to be clear about this - you are saying that GoAnywhere could not possibly be at fault in such a situation, yes?
- Roc
by Rocky
Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Rick,
How would I go about finding out which of these many reasons was the one causing a specific failure?

- Roc
by Rocky
Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Every so often we get FTP projects that fail. The only error is that the FTP session was closed without indication. What does this mean?

- Roc
by Rocky
Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:29 am
Topic: Data Truncation Error on IBMi Table insert
Replies: 5
Views: 12038

I agree with satyatiwari. GoAnywhere needs to be able to deal with the truncation error. Maybe thru the on error tab have a way to allow the data to truncate and keep the project running. We suffer from a trading partner who is sending XML that we need to insert into an AS400 file. It's XML to them....
by Rocky
Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:05 am
Topic: Migrate projects, users, and resources to DR environment
Replies: 8
Views: 15175

Rob, We have had great success with Mimix. You might want to contact Vision solutions (or one of their competitors) and discuss their replication products to see what would fit your particular needs. We replicate our entire GoAnywhere Director product with Mimix to our DR system. We don't have GoAny...
Search found 13 matches Page 1 of 2