Search found 5 matches

Search found 5 matches Page 1 of 1
by SeanC
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: use of "if" in XML Write task
Replies: 2
Views: 6321

Ok. Thank you for the follow-up. I think I can find some other ways to work around this in the source query.
by SeanC
Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:24 pm
Topic: use of "if" in XML Write task
Views: 6321

I'm using the XML Write task to generate an xml document from a rowset retrieved from a database query. There are elements that I want to appear in my output only if certain conditions are met. I would like to use an "if" inside the xml write prior to generating the element, but it seems to operate ...
by SeanC
Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm
Topic: Database Inserts
Views: 9982

Rick, First thank you very much for the quick reply! I tested both solutions, the first worked perfect and I got the second to work with a small tweak. You need to quote the string values in the insert query since you're not using a prepared statement so it ends up like this: <forEachLoop itemsVaria...
by SeanC
Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:19 pm
Topic: Database Inserts
Views: 9982

Hello, I am trying to use GAD to insert rows to a database table and the documentation for the SQL task seems to indicate that this can be done but it doesn't say how to do so. In my test project I read a set of rows from a CSV and assign them to rowset ${inrows}. I set that variable in the Input Ro...
by SeanC
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm
Topic: Static values in Rowset (XML to CSV)
Replies: 1
Views: 5974

I'm attempting to convert an XML file to a CSV and two of the columns in the CSV output require a static value which does not come from the XML. Is there a way to "retrieve" a static value as part of an XML rowset? I tried adding a column, pointing it a non-existent attribute like /Entries/Row/@FOO ...
Search found 5 matches Page 1 of 1