Search found 8 matches

Search found 8 matches Page 1 of 1
by T_Bekker
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 pm
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: Unable to return value from GoAnywhere to CL
Replies: 2
Views: 7376

I had this same question and was glad to find this answer. But what if I use an RPG program and use the API call to execute the GoAnywhere project? Can a value be returned to the RPG program?
by T_Bekker
Tue May 03, 2016 1:12 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Label/description for "import project source"
Replies: 3
Views: 5968

I'm curious if this enhancement is scheduled. I've only just started creating snippets and importing them into projects, so I can now appreciate the need for this.
by T_Bekker
Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:59 pm
Topic: How to count the rows in a rowset variable
Replies: 1
Views: 6185

We retrieve a file via SFTP, then read it with the Read CSV task. There is no output variable for the number of records read. Is there a way to determine the number of records in the rowset before proceeding? Currently when the file is empty (no rows), the read CSV task completes successfully, but t...
by T_Bekker
Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:37 pm
Topic: Need Easier Way to Include CSV Column Headings
Replies: 1
Views: 5996

This is the most common problem I have with GoAnywhere. I need to extract data from an iSeries file, output the data to a CSV, but the recipient requries a column heading record, with their specific column headings, according to their provided specifications. The options in the Write to CSV task sim...
by T_Bekker
Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:48 pm
Topic: Importing Zoned Decimal
Views: 5481

The data file is coming from an external source, and I am trying to load it into the IBMi file. This works fine when using other tools we have for the System i - the interpretation of the hex character is automatic. I am willing to try this, but it seems I have to loop through each record, load the ...
by T_Bekker
Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:22 pm
Topic: Importing Zoned Decimal
Views: 5481

I have a fixed-width file that includes a numeric amount field, that can sometimes contain a negative value. The value -16.34 appears in the file as 00000163M. I need to insert this data into an iSeries file, where the field is defined as Zoned Decimal. I've tried various type formats on the Read Fi...
by T_Bekker
Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:44 pm
Topic: Excel formula error
Replies: 0
Views: 5082

I am trying to convert a data file to Excel, using a template that contains the following formula. =IF(ISERR(FIND("_W2_",CELL("filename",A1),1)),"Year-To-Date","Year-End") & ", Calendar Year "&TEXT(A5,"0000") During the Convert to Excel step, the GA job ends with errors (see below). I tried using a ...
by T_Bekker
Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:35 pm
Topic: Excel Title is not overriding the template
Replies: 0
Views: 4568

I have a project that creates an Excel spreadsheet using a template. It works fine, except that I need the first row to be overridden each time with variable data, using the Title option under the Write Excel task. That does not seem to work when using a template. However, if I create the file witho...
Search found 8 matches Page 1 of 1