Search found 116 matches

Search found 116 matches Page 6 of 12
by Support_Julie
Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:36 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: last digit of year
Replies: 2
Views: 7323

We are anticipating in the next release, the ability to do a substring on a variable. This version is in beta and will allow you to get the desired results. <project name="try to get final year digit" mainModule="Main" version="2.0"> <module name="Main" logLevel="debug"> <timestamp version="1.0"> <f...
by Support_Julie
Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:48 pm
Topic: project schedule for last weekday of the month
Replies: 1
Views: 4879

With the current version (3.6.1) this cannot be achieved.

However, with the use of holiday calendars (available in the next release), you will be able to attain that behavior.
by Support_Julie
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:47 pm
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: Moving files from the IFS to a Network Share
Replies: 0
Views: 5750

Q. I am trying to use the Move task to move files from the AS400 IFS to a Windows share and receive the error message: [8098 - move file] com.linoma.dpa.util.SMBNetworkFile incompatible with com.linoma.dpa.util.LocalFile Can I move files to a Network share? A. You cannot use the Move task to move a...
by Support_Julie
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:47 pm
Topic: Moving files from the IFS to a Network Share
Replies: 0
Views: 18275

Q. I am trying to use the Move task to move files from the AS400 IFS to a Windows share and receive the error message: [8098 - move file] com.linoma.dpa.util.SMBNetworkFile incompatible with com.linoma.dpa.util.LocalFile Can I move files to a Network share? A. You cannot use the Move task to move a...
by Support_Julie
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 am
Topic: Java program from goanywhere director
Replies: 1
Views: 5678

It is possible to run Java programs that are native to the GoAnywhere host. Java class files are not executable. So, he would have to pass the class name as a parameter to the java executable. Since the host is System i (according to the case), there are actually a couple of ways he can do it. You c...
by Support_Julie
Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 pm
Topic: Is there any way to speed up GoAnywhere?
Replies: 4
Views: 27124

The optimization commands can be done while the subsystem is running. However, if the subsystem is running and one of the objects that you are optimizing is in use, it may skip that object. To optimize all of the objects, you may want to run the commands while the subsystem is down. After doing the ...
by Support_Julie
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:04 pm
Topic: xmlwrite to multiple output files ?
Views: 29329

If you're asking if it's possible to create a generic project to write .xml files on the fly, you can't do that. If, on the other hand, you have the XML format created, and you're reading a database file and parsing each record into a separate .xml file then giving each file a name based on somethin...
by Support_Julie
Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:16 pm
Topic: retrieve file information?
Replies: 5
Views: 11668

Below I have attached a small sample project that retreives a file list & then prints out the file attributes. If you so desired, you could Set a Variable to check a condition later. <project name="Print FileList attribute variables" mainModule="Main" version="1.0"> <module name="Main" logLevel="deb...
by Support_Julie
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 pm
Topic: retrieve file information?
Replies: 5
Views: 11668

The file attribute lastModifiedDate will give you the desired result.

To retrieve the attributes of a complex variable use the following variable reference syntax.

${variableName:attributeName}

The colon (:) separates the variable from the attribute.
by Support_Julie
Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:27 am
Topic: variables from as400
Views: 10296

You cannot return variables values from RUNPROJECT to a CL program.

You can however, write to a Data Area and then retrieve that value in a project using the exec400 command to execute the rtvdata command.
Search found 116 matches Page 6 of 12