Search found 116 matches

Search found 116 matches Page 5 of 12
by Support_Julie
Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Select * from library/file in DB2
Replies: 1
Views: 5302

After doing your SQL query, are you writing the data out to a CSV file?
If so, the advanced tab has a setting to ignore the header.
by Support_Julie
Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 pm
Topic: LDAP authentication and long user names
Views: 7020

Version 2.6 allows you to create a Web User id with a maximum length of 64 characters.
Versions of GoAnywhere Services that are older than 2.6+ only allow for 20 characters.
by Support_Julie
Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm
Topic: copying a set of directories
Replies: 2
Views: 6380

FileSets do not include directory listings. They only include files. So when a directory is empty, nothing is in the FileSet. The copy task is currently directed towards copying files and only creates folders when a file needs to be copied. We are considering this for a future release. However there...
by Support_Julie
Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: Unable to return value from GoAnywhere to CL
Views: 7374

Q. My CL program calls a GoAnywhere project. I want to use the output variable, but the CL variable is never updated. What am I missing? A. GoAnywhere will not return a value to the calling CL program. In order to get a response from your project, you will have to either write the value out to a fil...
by Support_Julie
Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm
Forum: Knowledge Center
Topic: Unable to return value from GoAnywhere to CL
Replies: 0
Views: 17989

Q. My CL program calls a GoAnywhere project. I want to use the output variable, but the CL variable is never updated. What am I missing? A. GoAnywhere will not return a value to the calling CL program. In order to get a response from your project, you will have to either write the value out to a fil...
by Support_Julie
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:29 pm
Topic: Recovering projects from Director Backups
Views: 6160

The backup that GoAnywhere creates is a backup of the Deby database. It contains pointers to the project XML files.

You could restore the project .XML files from your systems tape backup.
by Support_Julie
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 pm
Topic: Holiday Calendars
Replies: 3
Views: 7739

A Custom holiday can be added to your calendar.
Linoma Software has plans to add calendars other than the USA in the future.
by Support_Julie
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 pm
Topic: multiple instances of Goanywhere on same iSeries partition
Replies: 4
Views: 9310

More than one instance of GoAnywhere Director can be installed on your server. When installing the second instance, you will need to specify a Library, IFS directory & ports that are not already in use by the other instance. For other platforms, the install of the second instance would need to insta...
by Support_Julie
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 pm
Topic: I want to check to see if a file is present before running
Views: 6997

Use the Create File List task. In that task, capture the number of files found. Do this for each server. If the count is greater than zero, then proceed with your project. The Create File List Task will create a File List Variable based on the filters specified in the File Set. This variable will co...
by Support_Julie
Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:11 pm
Forum: Example Projects
Topic: How to Pass Variables to IBMi
Replies: 0
Views: 22525

This is an example of how to pass a variable or value back to the IBMi from a GoAnywhere Director Project: <project name="How to Pass data back to IBMi" mainModule="Main" version="2.0"> <!-- Passed Parameters --> <variable name="UserName" value="" /> <module name="Main"> <timestamp label="Create Tim...
Search found 116 matches Page 5 of 12