Search found 41 matches

Search found 41 matches Page 2 of 5
by monahanks
Thu May 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: using merge with ASCII?
Replies: 2
Views: 7493

Hi, I have a project that retrieves a file from the IBMi into my workspace using FTP. I then have a mergefiles task that should take the file and append the data to an existing file on a SQL server (if it already exists) or create a new file. The IBMi file is a "flat" file but contains some hex valu...
by monahanks
Thu May 14, 2015 2:30 pm
Topic: variables from as400
Replies: 4
Views: 10404

Hi, sorry for the late reply - I haven't hit the forum in a while. In my GA project I call my CLLE (named @UTL878C below) and pass variables containing necessary library names for the application environment and the actual data area name. In my project I set the variable ${DataField} with the actual...
by monahanks
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:18 am
Topic: BEFORE_FIRST error
Replies: 1
Views: 5262

Good morning, I have a project that (in part) reads a .CSV file, writes the data to a fixed width file, and then reads the fixed width file. When I try to print the 2 columns of the rowset, I get the BEFORE_FIRST error. I am attaching the job log and the XML information (as word docs). Where am I go...
by monahanks
Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:44 am
Topic: Monitoring the monitor jobs
Views: 5142

Good morning, I have been given the task of creating a GA job that will monitor the status (enabled/disabled) of the monitor jobs on our GA Director. My thought is, we can read a .csv file that lists the monitor jobs on our system and a flag signifying whether they should active or not, but I am not...
by monahanks
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm
Topic: removing a variable in the monitor function
Views: 3879

Hi, I know I told Rick I wouldn't bug you guys again today, but I just can't help myself. :) When I create a monitor job, and enter an existing project under the project tab, the variables in the existing project are automatically added to the monitor list of variables. There is also an "Add variabl...
by monahanks
Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:41 pm
Topic: Can't write a single row from a RowSet to file
Replies: 5
Views: 30882

Hi Jon, I need to process a rowset one record at a time. I have added the Print task, but all I got in my output was "com.linoma.dpa.tasks.converters.flatfile.FlatFileRowSet@77095432" My xml looks like this: <project name="Build_Control_xml_new" mainModule="Main" version="2.0"> <variable name="File_...
by monahanks
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:00 pm
Topic: rotating passwords
Replies: 0
Views: 4524

We have a third party client that will be changing the password on our ftp login credentials every 90 days. is there anything we can do to automate changing the resource to update the password?
Thanks,
Kevin
by monahanks
Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:52 pm
Topic: order of files in filelist
Views: 9441

Hi, I have a GoAnywhere project that reads a folder and generates a Filelist variable. The files are named: (folder path/)PPE 101913 - Week 37.xls and (folder path/)PPE 102613 - Week 38.xls When i generate the file list variable, it shows and processes the second (Week 38) file first. does the filel...
by monahanks
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 am
Topic: file list to IBM i
Replies: 3
Views: 6465

Thanks Rick. Where can I find an example of writing to a table? Also, how do I include attributes (notably last modified date)? I did write the list to a .txt file in the workspace and copy that text to the IFS, but using a table with the date attribute would be easier to manipulate in a CLLE.
by monahanks
Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 am
Topic: file list to IBM i
Replies: 3
Views: 6465

If I have a project that downloads a select group of files from an SFTP server and create a file list (Destination Files Variable list), can I pass that list of names to the IBM i, possibly to a data area or something? Here is the relevant XML code following the SFTP: <get label="Get Data files, Put...
Search found 41 matches Page 2 of 5