Search found 18 matches

Search found 18 matches Page 2 of 2
by Jonathan
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:40 am
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Unix to Dos file format translation
Replies: 3
Views: 9724

Hi Guys, I have actually done some work around this in the past using Director, Python, Unix2Dos, AWK, Perl and sed to find the quickest approach and using the Director Search and Replace task is just as quick as any other methods. For all of my tests I used a 51MB CSV file that contained 2,823,001 ...
by Jonathan
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:42 am
Topic: Timeout on execSSH command
Replies: 7
Views: 12301

I have just tested this here with a value and without. Rather than running a shell script though I opted for something a bit different:
Code: Select all
while true; do echo foo; sleep 10; done
I would have expected this to have ended after the 5 second timeout or after the 120 default.
by Jonathan
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:00 pm
Topic: SSH stty error
Replies: 6
Views: 8445

Hi Chris,

What shell are you using on the unix side?
by Jonathan
Wed May 21, 2014 10:39 am
Topic: Move files older than X amount of days
Replies: 6
Views: 11264

Hi, You can try the project below, It will exclude all files in folderX from X days ago to today and move everything else to folderY. You can set the amount of days by changing the X variable at the bottom of the project. <project name="MoveFiles" mainModule="Main" version="2.0"> <module name="Main"...
by Jonathan
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:12 am
Topic: CIFS (Windows Share) as user home directory
Replies: 2
Views: 7636

Hi Brad, I would mount the cifs share on the linux machine using something like below. mount -t cifs -o username=xxx //server/share /mnt/share Then in Services for the user you can set the path to /mnt/share/folder, You might find the performance a bit better as it will use the capabilites of the OS...
by Jonathan
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:55 pm
Topic: Using XSL with GoAnywhere
Replies: 5
Views: 7635

The only better way I can think of would be to put in a request to Linoma to get the feature added in a later version or look at the custom tasks option if you know your way around Java.
by Jonathan
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:04 am
Topic: Using XSL with GoAnywhere
Replies: 5
Views: 7635

Hi Tom,

There is no built in method for Director to do XSL transformations (or at least not that I have found), You could look at an external tool to do this for you that accepts command line args and run it as a native command during your project.
by Jonathan
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 am
Topic: Filenames in mail message text
Replies: 2
Views: 5268

Hi Joerg, You can try this project, It will loop through the files in a path and return a variable called files which contains all of the files with a tab at the start and CRLF at the end. file.txt test.pub create.sh as2testfile.txt files.xml Project.log list.csv testFile.txt <project name="Filename...
Search found 18 matches Page 2 of 2