Search found 41 matches

Search found 41 matches Page 3 of 5
by monahanks
Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: Get single file with wildcard
Replies: 1
Views: 6386

I am creating a project that needs to retrieve a single file with a name pattern similar to "file_date_time.txt". I then put the file to a specified network directory on our network, and then go back to the remote system to delete the file. When the file is put to our network, I need to change the n...
by monahanks
Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 am
Topic: Entering On Error action for Rename task
Replies: 3
Views: 6362

Never mind my last reply. I misunderstood what you meant. I have it working (at least compiling correctly) now using the Failed variable. .
by monahanks
Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks Rick. Does this mean "Failed" is a reserved word or something? Can I pass "cmdError" back to the calling project as a variable parameter?
by monahanks
Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 am

I am calling a generic project that will rename a file from one name to another by passing in the old and new file names as variables. I also pass a variable called Failed to designate a Pass/Fail status. However, when I try to add the On Error section of the rename to set the variable Failed to YES...
by monahanks
Thu May 16, 2013 8:46 am
Topic: Convert to excel 2.0 hangs on conversion (125k rows)
Views: 7185

We have a similar issue writing to Excel 2007 - error about heap storage or some such thing, and running a long time. Switching back to excel 2003 runs fine and quick. Wish I could answer your post.
by monahanks
Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:24 am
Topic: Day of week -1
Replies: 2
Views: 6673

Thanks Duane, I've got to stop being so lazy.
Using the date manipulation tab, entering "-1" into the Day of Month value will return the previous day's day name.
by monahanks
Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:31 am
Topic: Day of week -1
Views: 6673

Hi, I couldn't find this in the forum. I have a project that retrieves the day of the week (ex Mon, Tue, Fri) using a timestamp task. Is there a way to get yesterday's day of week name? For example, if the project runs at 01:30am on Wednesday, I want to retrieve the value of Tue. Would this be a 2 o...
by monahanks
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:55 am
Topic: overiding URL, user, passw from AS400
Replies: 1
Views: 5291

Never mind, I was able to find a couple of ways around this. I think using variables will be the easiest method.
by monahanks
Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 am
Topic: Writing to the IFS
Views: 6786

We have GA Director (and GA Services) running on an iSeries. We have set up a network share to the IFS and granted full access to a subfolder on the IFS. However, when we run a project in GAD to get a file from the iSeriesand specify the IFS subfolder as part of the destination file name, we get an ...
by monahanks
Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 am
Topic: Sequential number suffix?
Views: 8459

You can connect to a SQL database that stores the sequential number, retrieve the number and then update the sequence with a +1. Our method involves stored procedures and a table of different sequence numbers keyed by a file type (AA is an order file, BB is sales, etc). It gets a little involved (to...
Search found 41 matches Page 3 of 5