Search found 41 matches

Search found 41 matches Page 4 of 5
by monahanks
Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm
Forum: Community Forum
Topic: overiding URL, user, passw from AS400
Replies: 1
Views: 5282

If we have 2 instances of GoAnywhere Director, one on the iseries and one on windows, what is the best way to select which instance runs a particular project when using the RUNPROJECT command? Our current URL (defaulturl) data area points to the windows server. Is there a way to overide the URL, use...
by monahanks
Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:44 pm
Topic: Copying XML between projects
Replies: 2
Views: 6013

REl, that's not bad. I don't really know XML but its a good way to learn. It will take some getting used to, but thanks for the suggestion.
by monahanks
Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm
Topic: Copying XML between projects
Replies: 2
Views: 6013

In GA version 3.5 (we'll upgrade soon, I promise!), is there a way to copy the XML from one project into another project? When I try, the XML I copy in does not get included in the new project.
by monahanks
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:08 pm
Topic: Execute a job on SQL server
Replies: 1
Views: 6161

Is there a method in GoAnywhere that will allow me to start a job on a SQL server? Something similar to using FTP's 'Quote Site Stream' command string to start a job on HP3000.
by monahanks
Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:42 am
Topic: retrieve file information?
Replies: 5
Views: 11765

Thanks Julie. Now, one more question: can I substring (or extract) just the date portion of the lastModifiedDate and compare it to the system current date?
by monahanks
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi Julie, I'm not sure where I would use this variable reference syntax you mention, and I'm not finding anything in the Webhelp. Can you point me in the right direction or show me a code snippet of how it is used?
by monahanks
Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am

Hi, can GoAnywhere be used to retrieve information about a file on a Windows server, such as the last time a file was updated? We have a case where a file sits on a Windows server and always has data in it, but if today's update did not run, the data would be from yesterday. Can I use GA to retrieve...
by monahanks
Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:20 pm
Topic: variables from as400
Replies: 4
Views: 10387

Thanks Julie. Using your suggestion, I created a CLLE that is executed from the GA project to change a data area, and I retrieve that data area into my CLLE to test if the project ended with an error. For others' information, we use the Variables parameter in the RUNPROJECT to pass variable data int...
by monahanks
Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 am
Topic: variables from as400
Replies: 4
Views: 10387

it is possible to use RUNPROJECT from a CLLE on the as400 to run a goanywhere project, passing a variable to the project. is it possible to receive a variable back into the CLLE from the project? for example, if i execute RUNPROJECT passing a variable named 'error' with a value of 'false', and in th...
by monahanks
Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm
Topic: Changing passphrases
Replies: 3
Views: 8410

Thanks Julie. What are the possible reasons for the following error message when I execute a decrypt project? "[9004 - Decrypt_file] Could not find a matching decryption key" The key pair is in the default key ring, and the key ring used in the project contains the default public and secret key rings.
Search found 41 matches Page 4 of 5