Can't promote project from version 5.0.1 to 6.0.2

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

jeffersonbienaime

Post by jeffersonbienaime » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 am
Hi Team,

I'm trying to promote projects from version 5.0.1 to 6.0.2 and I am getting this message : The selected Domain does not support the use of file based keys. I'm also tried to export the project from 5.0.1 and import it on 6.0.2, I am getting also the same message.

Support_Philip

Site Admin

Post by Support_Philip » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm
It looks as though you need to enable file based keys within your Domain. You can do this by going Users->Domains->Default->Allow File Based Keys. In version 5.6.1 of GoAnywhere MFT we added the ability for certs, keys, etc. to be stored within the database rather than in a file. This allows for greater security when storing your sensitive data.

Key Management System 

The integrated Key Management Systems allows administrators to create Key Vaults in GoAnywhere that are used to create and store certificates, SSH keys, and PGP keys. By default, GoAnywhere includes two Key Vaults, the System and Default vaults:

System - The Key Vault for storing the trusted CA certificates, as well as the private keys/certificates used in the HTTPS, FTPS, SFTP, AS2 and GoFast services. 

Default - A Key Vault used to retrieve keys or certificates for Web User authentication, Resources, and Projects. Additional Key Vaults can be created to organize keys into specific groups, such as Key Vaults that are used by specific Domains.

Key Vaults are stored in the GoAnywhere database and can only be managed by Admin Users with the correct security role, as follows:

System Key Vault Keys - Admin Users must have both the Product Administrator and Key Manager roles to manage keys within this vault. The System Key Vault cannot be deleted. 

Domain Key Vaults - Admin Users must have the Security Officer role to create, edit, and remove Key Vaults.

Domain Key Vault Keys - Admin Users must have the Key Manager role and be associated to the Domain where this Key Vault belongs in order to manage keys.

From the main menu bar, select Encryption, and then click the Key Management System link.
Philip Horn
Senior Support Analyst
e. [email protected]
p. 1-800-949-4696
w. GoAnywhere.com | HelpSystems.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1