Changing IP addresses on my gateway servers

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

rlittle

Post by rlittle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 pm
I have been asked to change our gateway servers IP address in our DMZ. Just curious where would I need to make this change in the GAW configuration. I know I'll have to physically change the servers but not sure where I'll need to make the changes in GoAny. (I didn't originally setup the system... just inherited it). Any advice / instruction would be greatly appreciated. - Thanks...

Support_Jake

Post by Support_Jake » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:09 am
Ricky,

To change the Gateway IP address you will need to edit the gateway.xml file located in the [Install Dir]/GoAnywhere Gateway/config folder. You can view and edit the file in your preferred text editor. Inside the gateway.xml file you will see the IP addresses that pertain to the physical server you are setting up Gateway on. We recommend using a "Find and Replace" function within your text editor to easily update all IP addresses in this file. You will also need to change the IP on the Controller Address field within the Gateway Manager.
Jacob Przybysz
Associate Support Manager
+1 402.944.4242 Image fortra.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1