Checking File Date

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Malbanese

Post by Malbanese » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:29 pm
Hello ~ I am trying to have a conditional statement that checks the data of a file and if it does not match the current system date to send me an email, otherwise the file gets SFTP to a vendor. I am having trouble with the syntax that checks the file date.

This is my "IF" condition:

${FileInfo('C:\Program Files\HelpSystems\GoAnywhere\userdata\webdocs\Temp\FULLUPBAL.CSV')}:lastModifiedDate < system.currentDate

Which throws this error:

[8046 - If: ${FileInfo('C:\Program Files\HelpSystems\Go...] Invalid condition syntax in attribute 'condition' of element 'if'. Unrecognizable character '}' found at position '87'.

Any help would be appreciated

Support_Jake

Post by Support_Jake » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:51 pm
Your syntax is off just a little bit, and also I think you may be missing a timestamp task in your project. I have attached my XML for your example but most importantly below is the string I ended up using (Please replace with your full file name as mine is just for testing).

IF Condition:
${FileInfo('C:\Users\jacob.przybysz\Desktop\MFT Testing\custsample.csv'):lastModifiedDate < TimestampNow}

Code: Select all
<project name="Check if File edited today" mainModule="Main" version="2.0" logLevel="verbose">

<module name="Main">

<print version="1.0">
			<![CDATA[${FileInfo('C:\Users\jacob.przybysz\Desktop\MFT Testing\custsample.csv'):lastModifiedDate}]]>
		</print>

<timestamp version="1.0">
			<format outputVariable="TimestampNow" />
		</timestamp>

<if condition="${FileInfo(&apos;C:\Users\jacob.przybysz\Desktop\MFT Testing\custsample.csv&apos;):lastModifiedDate &lt;  TimestampNow}" disabled="false">

<print version="1.0">
				<![CDATA[~~This was edited BEFORE the timestamp was taken~~]]>
			</print>

<exitProject version="1.0" />

</if>

<print version="1.0">
			<![CDATA[***This was edited AFTER the timestamp was taken***]]>
		</print>

</module>

</project>
Jacob Przybysz
Associate Support Manager