Database disconnecting

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

richardsower

Post by richardsower » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:40 am
Hi,

We use GoGnywhere to connect to a database on our as400, then check the database and if a row in a table is found it sends a secure email.
This will work fine connecting to the same database, using the same credentials and the same URL for between 50-70 times before it errors with the following.

ERROR [9007 - Indicate email sent (SQL)] Failed to connect to the specified database URL
"jdbc:as400://ISERIESSERVER etc etc"
Please make sure that the JDBC URL is well formed and the login information is correct.

like i say it works 50+ times before failing. Would anyone have seen this before or know why? it normally takes place with in 4 or 5 minutes of the job starting.

Support_Nolan

Post by Support_Nolan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:11 pm
If it is failing at random intervals, there is not much we can do connection wise, but we can set up some retry logic. I will attach an example XML file that has retry logic in the project. If you set up your SQL task to retry a few times after a connection failure, it should fix your issue.
Retry Error Handling.txt
(572 Bytes) Downloaded 934 times
Nolan Priebe
Support Analyst
e. [email protected]
p. 1-800-949-4696
w. GoAnywhere.com | HelpSystems.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1