Can I use GoAnywhere to write an EDI X12 document?
Follow the instructions below to write the contents of a CSV file to an EDI X12 file using the Write EDI X12 data mapper.
- From within the Project Designer page, expand the Data Translation folder in the Component Library and drag the Read CSV task to the Project Outline.
- On the Read CSV task, specify values for the following attributes:
Input File – The file path and name of the CSV file to read. In this example, the
input file will contain purchase order header data.
Output RowSet Variable – The name of the variable which will contain the data read
from the input file.
- For this example, a second Read CSV task is added to read in packaging data.
- Expand the Data Translation folder in the Component Library and drag the Write EDI X12 task to the Project Outline.
- On the Write EDI X12 task, specify values for the following attributes:
- Output File – The path and file name of the EDI X12 file to write.
- Sender ID – The code published by the sender of the data.
- Receiver ID – The code published by the receiver of the data.
- Control Number – The value used to uniquely identify the message.
- EDI X12 Transaction Set - Select an EDI X12 Transaction Set from the list of those installed. Transaction sets can be downloaded from the Add-on marketplace.
- Click Launch Data Mapping Wizard.
- The EDI X12 Transaction Set container (on the right side of the page) contains all available data elements, segments, and envelopes of the chosen Transaction Set.
- Each Transaction Set element can be linked to an input RowSet variable column. When the Project executes, the Transaction Set element will be populated with data from the link RowSet column. Add a column by clicking on the next to the Input RowSet title and selecting Add Column.
- Double-click on a column to rename it. Continue adding and naming columns until the RowSet contains the columns needed for the transaction set. Column names do not need to be identical to those contained in the RowSet because the column index is used.
- Repeat this process for the second input RowSet variable.
- To link an input RowSet column to a Transaction Set element, click on the column name in the RowSet container, then drag and drop it to the Transaction Set element. An arrow will appear to indicate the column and element are linked.
- The following image illustrates the Project Outline for the Write EDI X12 task example using the data mapper.
Senior Support Analyst
e. [email protected]
w. GoAnywhere.com | HelpSystems.com