ERROR Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind

View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere MFT. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Support_Philip

Site Admin

Post by Support_Philip » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 pm
Question:

I am setting up a new Windows installation of GoAnywhere MFT/GoAnywhere Gateway. The service ends after being up for a few seconds. In my Tomcat log I see the error: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind. How do I resolve this?

Answer:

This error indicates that the address specified is unable to be accessed or used. This can occur due to an incorrect IP configuration for GoAnywhere or the address not being available on the NIC. One way you can resolve this issue is by checking the HOST table to see if you are pointing the localhost address to an IP other than the IP of the server GoAnywhere was installed on. This this can occur when the server is a cloned VM server & has a static IP. Additionally, confirm that the address/IP configured for GoAnywhere is valid.
Philip Horn
Senior Support Analyst
e. [email protected]
p. 1-800-949-4696
w. GoAnywhere.com | HelpSystems.com
1 post Page 1 of 1