Exec .bat file with an iSeries Installation

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere Director and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

rblixt

Post by rblixt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:17 pm
I have GoAnywhere installed on the iSeries. I am using FTP to copy files to a network folder through the Network Share. After I FTO the files I would like to execute a .bat file that resides on the network location where I copied the files. In the execute Commands it looks like I can only do this with a windows installation. Is it possible for me to execute the .bat file?

Support_Tim

Post by Support_Tim » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:05 am
Hi Rblixt,

You are correct. You would need something installed on the Windows server to launch the .bat file there. Regardless of platforms or applications, to call a process that is stored on a remote server, you must have something on the server. You can sign on and run limited file commands through a host application like an FTP or HTTP server, but one cannot call a program (like .bat) without an application or job running on the server to initiate that program. A Remote SSH command would accomplish this if an SFTP host server is running on the Windows box.

Since you are running GA on an iSeries, you should be able to use the STRPCCMD to start an application on a Windows server where iSeries Access is installed…

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledge ... pccmd.html
2 posts Page 1 of 1