java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

View some of the Frequently Asked Questions to our support staff. Included are some tips and tricks making this forum ideal for users getting started with GoAnywhere MFT. Note: Users can reply to existing topics but only our support staff can add new topics to this forum.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Support_Josh

Post by Support_Josh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 am
Question:
I am receiving the error "java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty" when using an Amazon S3 Bucket resource (or any resource using SSL certificates) that I just created. What is the "trustAnchors" parameter and how can I set it?

Answer:
The trustAnchors parameter is a reference to the KMS key vault or the Trust Store that we are using when validating certificate chains for SSL connections within different resources. If there is a certificate that is missing, or a blank key store in this case, the error "java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty" will be thrown. You need to make sure all necessary certificates (root and intermediate) are added to the trusted certificates location in MFT.
Joshua Przybysz
Senior Support Analyst
e. [email protected]
p. 1.800.949.4696
w. HelpSystems.com
1 post Page 1 of 1