Maintaining a backup instance of GA ?

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere Director and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

marcosjl

Post by marcosjl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:28 am
Hi everyone

I'd like to keep a cold-redundant instance of GoAnywhere up-to-date from an operational server, in case of any issue on the machine running the operational instance of GA.

Basically the idea is to "propagate" any modifications done on the operational instance on the redundant one. I found the "promote" function very useful when dealing with Projects or resources definitions, but did not manage to do the same thing for the Schedulers and Monitors definition : the only option being to manualy re enter the definition or modification into the redundant instance through the admin console...

Anyone out there using a nominal + redundant instances of GoAnywhere ? How do you deal with keeping configurations up-to-date ?

Thanx in advance,
Rgds
Jose L.

RElliott63

Post by RElliott63 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 am
Jose,

The only way I have found that this can be accomplished as of this time is during my nightly backup routine, I have a function that takes down GoAnywhere (Services & Director) and zips up the folders. It then brings the services back online. The GoAnywhere Director then transfers the Zip file to my HA Machine, where I can unzip/replace & correct licensing as needed (if needed).

HTH

-Rick
2 posts Page 1 of 1