Project to Search a certificate store

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere Director and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

dhuesman

Post by dhuesman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:13 pm
I've a secure certificate store which I'd like to occasionally scan and check for any expiring or soon expiring certificates in that store. I've toyed with OpenSSL to do this which isn't secure. The store is located on an AIX machine and I thought I'd seen somewhere where this product may be able to do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:16 am
You could open the store using the admin console (Tools > SSL Certificate Manager > Open KeyStore) and check there but this would be a manual process and the store file would need to be accessible from the Director machine.

If you wanted to automate this the only thing I can think of would be to use OpenSSL as a native command but you might not want to send the password through as plain text in the project. What you could do is encrypt the password using the encryption tool then pass that through and output the command response to a text file and just loop over it for the values you are after.

dhuesman

Post by dhuesman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 am
Thanks ~ but I've already tried the OpenSSL route directly on the machine where the stores are present. Since it's AIX it wasn't deemed as a secure method. I thought with GoAnywhere we could connect to the remote machine and scan/validate the store for expiry without having to import all the store certs in the GoAnwhere product.
3 posts Page 1 of 1