Skip to content

Reading excel spreadsheet past last row

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere Director and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
  • ehersh Offline

Reading excel spreadsheet past last row

Post by ehersh »

I am reading an excel spreadsheet then I need to use the data. The spreadsheet has 113 rows. However I have a count rowset in it and the counts gives me 167 rows. When I set up a loop with a print it shows me the value of the column I am trying to use is ' '. None of the columns are blank. Any idea what could cause that or how to fix it? I have the code below to read excel below. I cannot put read maximum rows in because the spreadsheet could grow or shrink so have to treat the number of rows as a variable. .

[code
<readExcel inputFile="resource:smb://customer_Groups_/Test_Files/test.xlsx" outputRowSetVariable="newrow" skipInvalidRecords="true" skipEmptyRows="true" dataStartRowNumber="2" headingsRowNumber="1" processedInputFilesVariable="rowdata" version="2.0">
<data>
<column index="3" name="payee" />
</data>
</readExcel>

<countRowSet rowsetVariable="${newrow}" rowCountVariable="rows" columnCountVariable="columns" version="1.0" />

][/code]