Recreate a user

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Yusuf

Post by Yusuf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 am
One of our web users has been deleted, no idea how but their username no longer exists. I've tried to recreate the user but am getting the error message 'A web user with the same user name or HTTPS SHA1 Fingerprint already exists.'

Authentication is not by certificate so it would seem that GoAnywhere has still referencing the username somewhere? I've removed the user's folder under <install_path>/userdata/ and can find no other reference to the username on the file system but I still can't create the user.

I can't use a different username as it with authenticate with LDAP.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Support_Jake

Post by Support_Jake » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:42 pm
Yusuf,

If you are authenticating Admin or Web Client users via LDAP and they are not appearing correctly, you should attempt to resync your LDAP login method. Once you have resynced, your users will update with the latest information from the LDAP server.

How to resync LDAP:
Navigate to Users > Login Methods
Select the cog wheel next to your LDAP server and click "Synchronize Now"
GoAnywhere will then display a list of status messages when the synchronize process is completed

Note:This is only applicable when synchronization is enable on the login method.
Jacob Przybysz
Associate Support Manager
+1 402.944.4242 Image fortra.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1