Regular Expression question

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

GBDickinson

Post by GBDickinson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:33 am
I'm trying to build a regular expression for a file monitor, and I don't seem to be having much luck. I need an expression that will return any file paths that have the string "OUTBOX" in them, and that end in either "csv", "txt", or "ack". I used the site https://regexr.com/ to build this expression:
Code: Select all
^.*OUTBOX.*(ack|txt|csv)$
But my monitor still doesn't return any files. Am I using the correct syntax for GoAnywhere?

Support_Josh

Post by Support_Josh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 am
You can achieve this by using a recursive Monitor that points at the root directory for the subset of folders in question. This will get the list of all files passed from the monitor to the Project. Once you have passed the file list to the Project via the Monitor, you can filter results on specific directories using logic tasks. The ${Contains()} function inside of the Project will determine if the file list contains any files in a specific folder.
Joshua Przybysz
Senior Support Analyst
e. [email protected]
p. 1.800.949.4696
w. HelpSystems.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1