SFTP Resource Test Hanging

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
5 posts Page 1 of 1

bgoodwin

Post by bgoodwin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:40 am
I am unable to test an SFTP connection through GoAnywhere. The spinning indicator just sits there...forever. I can successfully make a connection to the sftp through other ftp clients (filezilla, ws_ftp), so I know this is not a firewall rule with our server or network. Are there any log files or MS SQL database tables I can look at that trace resource testing? This is extremely frustrating.

Support_Tim

Post by Support_Tim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:16 pm
Hello BGoodwin,

If you have completed the steps to import and assign the keys to the resource according to the guide (page 999 and page 74 respectively(in version 5)) then I suggest you gather more information by creating a simple project so you can get a debug log.

Below are the simple steps to follow for this. Once you run this test project, if the job log doesn't clear up the issue, send it and the project to [email protected] with the case number 36738 in the subject line. We can take take a look and let you know what we see.

For the project: While in the project, click on SHOW XML, then copy & paste the project to an email.

For the log: Click on the Main module on the upper left, then click on the Control tab on the right and select “Debug” in the Log Detail box. While in the job log, at the bottom of the job log there will be a button tabled DOWNLOAD JOB LOG. Save the job log to a file & attach to the email that you send to support.

bgoodwin

Post by bgoodwin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 am
Hi Tim,

First and foremost, thanks for your reply. Here is the situation more clearly. The SFTP resource that was set up does not require any PGP encryption. The connection timeout is set to 60, no retry attempts. This SFTP resource was working fine until we needed to change the Windows service that starts GoAnywhere from the local service to a domain account that is a member of the local server administrators group. We needed to do this because we were having issues with copying files to network shares. So, switching to that domain account as service startup broke this SFTP connection. Here's the weird thing, we can connect successfully if we switch the startup service back to Local System Account. However, if we do this, we break the projects that rely on the Copy task to network shares.

I am unable to create a debug log because the project just keeps running when trying to connect to this SFTP resource. As of the time of me writing this, the job has been running for 2 hours so far, when it should only take less than 5 minutes as it did previously.

So, to summarize:

1. We can connect to this SFTP resource if the Windows Service is set to Local System Account, but breaks network sharing.
2. We cannot connect to this SFTP resource if the Windows Service is using a domain account with full admin rights to the server.
3. We cannot create a debug log because the job never finishes.
4. We can connect to the same SFTP using other clients (WS_FTP, Filezilla), so not an issue with firewall/ports/etc. Seems to purely be a GoAnywhere issue.

All I can think of right now to test or resolve this issue is a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

bgoodwin

Post by bgoodwin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:52 pm
**Update to this issue**

On the Algorithms tab of the SFTP Resource, I had to manually remove the gssapi-with-mic Authentication for this to work. So, if anyone else is having this issue, try this fix.

Thanks!

lanceh

Post by lanceh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm
Thanks @bgoodwin - this really helped me resolve what was an annoying issue. In my case, I explicitly set password only as the authentication algorithm (since this is what the SFTP Server was expecting). Suddenly, I could connect again. The issue arose after the SFTP Server had an OS patch applied recently.
5 posts Page 1 of 1