Using GoAnywhere Gateway as forward proxy

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
3 posts Page 1 of 1

ajgreyling

Post by ajgreyling » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:42 am
Hi,

We have set up MFT and Gateway. Mappings have been added and we can access secure folders with SFTP and Web Client from outside our firewall from a machine that is external to our network. However when trying to access a external SFTP server from MFT with a workflow/project it is not working. I am selecting GoAnywhere Gateway as the Proxy Type. I am leaving all the other fields such as Host, Username, Password etc empty and I would think those are only rellevant for other proxy types. Any idea where I can start looking for a problem or missing cofiguration?

Thanks.

Support_Tim

Post by Support_Tim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:40 am
Hi AJ,

If possible, I would start by making sure the SFTP server allows the user of a proxy by your SFTP client. I would also ask the following:

Does your project and/or Resource test work without a proxy?

Are you getting an external response at all?

Does the outside firewall allow the outgoing connection attempt from the GA Gateway IP?

ajgreyling

Post by ajgreyling » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:59 am
Good day,

I was under the impression that you would not have to add the host name of the Proxy if you select GoAnywhere Gateway as the proxy type. We figured out that you have to enter the IP of the Gateway to make it work.

I could not find in the documentation which fields would have to have values when using the GoAnywhere Gateway as forward proxy

It is now working.

Thanks
AJ.
3 posts Page 1 of 1