ZIP Process Error - Workaround?

Post any question you may have in regards to GoAnywhere MFT and let our talented support staff and other users assist you.
If you need a quicker response, please create a support ticket via the customer portal my.goanywhere.com or contact our support team by email at [email protected].
2 posts Page 1 of 1

msm16c

Post by msm16c » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am
Hello. I am experiencing an issue when zipping a local directory. It looks like this file path is causing GoAnywhere to classify the files as non-local.
Code: Select all
com.linoma.dpa.ExecutionException: [8048 - Zip] Unsupported file type for file 'resource:smb://Local Network Share/backup/04182017/Example File (Crystal).rpt'. Expected type is 'LocalFile'. Full stack trace written to '1000001771478_error_2.log'
Is it the parenthesis that is throwing it off? I do not have control over the filenames so if anyone knows of a workaround please let me know. Here is my zip step. The variables resolve to proper paths which I know because it will iterate through the files until it reaches the one throwing the error above.

Support_Dan

Post by Support_Dan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am
The parenthesis would not be the problem as those are acceptable in naming conventions. The error message is stating the file set location is a network share resource location using smb:resource. You can zip files in a network share location as well as local files, but you must use UNC path to the network share for it to work properly (\\network share\folder), assuming you are accessing a Windows share.
Let me know if that helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1